8.2.07

As bandeiras dos nossos pais

Joe Rosenthal
Rising the Flag on Iwo Jima
1945 Associated Press

Rosenthal wrote that he almost didn’t go up to the summit when he learned a flag had already been raised. He decided to go up anyway, and found servicemen preparing to plant the second, larger flag. “Out of the corner of my eye, I had seen the men start the flag up. I swung my camera and shot the scene. That is how the picture was taken, and when you take a picture like that, you don’t come away saying you got a great shot. You don’t know.” “Millions of Americans saw this picture five or six days before I did, and when I first heard about it, I had no idea what picture was meant.” (o artigo completo)


O filme de Clint Eastwwod, Flags of Our Fathers. Para além desta fotografia. Para além de todos os heróis. que só existem porque precisamos que existam. Para além da II Guerra Mundial. Para além do marketing militar. Mas bem dentro da América e do nosso mundo.


Oscar - Nomeações: Melhor Som e Melhores Efeitos Sonoros

(E agora quero ver Cartas de Iwo Jima, nomeado para Melhor Filme, Melhor Realizador e Melhor Argumento Original)

Sem comentários: