3.1.10

Before Sunset #3

I remember thinking at the time, that... so many of the men that I admire most, you know, that their lives were... were dedicated to something greater than themselves...

So, you got married because men you admire were married?

No, no, no, it... It's more like I have this... this idea of my best self! You know? And I wanted to pursue that... even if might have been overwriting my honor other self! You know what I'm saying? I mean, it's funny like... in the moment, I remember thinking that it didn't much matter the "Who?" of it all... I mean, that nobody is gonna be everything to... And that ultimately, it's just a simple action of committing yourself, you know, meeting your responsibilities that... that matters. I mean, what is love? Right, if it's not respect, trust, admiration? And I... I felt all those things! So, cut to the present tense, I feel like I'm running a small nursery with somebody I... used to date. I mean, I'm like a monk, you know. I mean, I've had sex less than... 10 times in the last 4 years.

What?

What, what? Are you laughing at me?

No.

It sounds pathetic?

What monastery you know where monks have sex 10 times?

Ok, I'm doing better than most monks. All right? But I do, I feel like if somebody were to touch me, you know, I would dissolve into molecules.


Richard Linklater
Julie Delpy
Ethan Hawke
(Before Sunset, 2004)

Sem comentários: